Friday, June 01, 2007

Hello June!

This picture is from the rainy weekend we had a few weeks ago, the rain finally stopped and there were lots of puddles!





Colin and I spent the last weekend in May alone together for four whole days...Daddy was in San Diego attending a work conference. All went well, Colin and I had some quality time together, it was nice...but I think we were both glad when tired Daddy arrived home after a long red eye flight! Colin and I got out and enjoyed the nice weather - we went to Newburyport with Grammy and Grampy and walked around and had dinner, we went to a cookout and saw one of my cousin's from Los Angeles which was great and we played a lot of baseball...the pool is a big hit this year too...Daddy had a great time in S.D. he even got to a Padres game, he says it's beautiful there and we should try to go someday! This weekend is the Relay for Life...it should be fantastic! Last night we had "bank night" where we count all the money for all the teams - lots of money! So far, just online donations are at $49,000 and that doesn't count the $$ we counted last night or what will come in tonight...and tomorrow there is a bone marrow drive for a young elementary aged girl in town who needs a donor desperately...it's from 11-3 at the Batchelder Elementary school in North Reading...hopefully it's a success. I guess it's just a cheek swab and you need to have your health insurance card...lastly the big day is Tuesday - the day of the ear tube surgery...I haven't really thought about it, I think subconsciously I have been in denial, but regardless it's happening Tuesday a.m. I talked with the nurse at the hospital for his pre-admission testing and I cried as she explained how the morning will go! I have to keep telling myself that it's easy and we should be grateful that it's only ear tubes and not something more serious...well, let's hope the Relay is a success and so is the surgery!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck on Tuesday...Will definately be thinking about you guys...our docs have mentioned the Tube word with Haden as well...Ugh! Love A,C,H and h

James Michael said...

Thinking of you. I cannot imagine having my child go into surgery. My thoughts are with you....please keep me posted! I am not sure about weather but maybe we can meet up Monday to keep your mind off it. Let me know.
Love,
S, M and C