Monday, April 16, 2007

Sunny and 70 Degrees!

So my trip to North Carolina was awesome...It started bright and early with a 6:45 a.m. flight out of Logan. I am not a frequent traveler so with little time to spare I found where I was supposed to be to catch my flight. I was a bit anxious, but I had enough cheesy magazines to keep me occupied...I arrived in Raliegh with no trouble and quickly found my friend. Friday was beautiful, sunny and in the 70's. We had a great day, hung out, went for a run to ease some nerves that were building for our 5K, went shopping, and had some yummy pizza. We got up bright and early Saturday and successfully ran a 5k together! Becca beat her previous race time and I came in just under 30 minutes! It was a wonderful accomplishment and an even better experience to be running with one of my oldest and dearest friends! We spent Saturday afternoon shopping in Chapel Hill near UNC, had some coffee, and just chatted! Saturday night we went out with her husband to a big ball bowling birthday party. My first time with the big balls and I didn't do so bad...Sunday I woke up missing home more than I did the whole weekend. We had some delicious BBQ and off to the airport. Luckily I went out on time since many flights were cancelled, I wasn't even delayed. I had myself a beer and boarded the plane. Unfortunately the ride home was horrible. I was about 2 seconds from puking from the turbulence (sweating and swallowing like crazy) and we were belted in pretty much the entire flight. When we landed Ryan was there in the car with my little guy sleeping in the back seat. It was so awesome seeing him...I missed him a ton! I had a wonderful weekend and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend...I miss you already Becca - thanks for everything Becca, Chris, Chloe, and Mia (and "Tees" too -and Taco:):):))! Pictures to be posted later!

1 comment:

James Michael said...

sounds like a great trip. Congrats on the run! Glad you made it home safe.