Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Belated Easter!

"hmmm...today it's an egg hunt, but someday I know they'll be putting lipstick on me"
"it looks like a ball, maybe it bounces like one too" (and it did, several times across the table, Colin was hysterical)

"one for me, one for you, oops I mean me"



"Ha! I got some eggs!"



"Ok mommy and daddy, church was fun, I really liked the quiet room with Daddy, it was like playtime!"



The Snyder household had a fantastic weekend...Saturday was actually quite funny...we headed up to the Castle in our town where they do events for kids, hold weddings, etc...this year it was for the 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt. My sister who lives in the next town headed up there with her kids too. Now it's quite a drive up this long, narrow, dirt road and when we got there, there was a line of cars and quite a line of people. Now it's quite chilly too. So we get in line and Colin was pretty good despite the cold. We find my sister who just about to make it inside to pay. The egg hunt was all set for outside (yes in the snow), they had areas roped off all around the Castle grounds. Now we wait a little longer and eventually I make it inside, pay and go back outside to meet Colin and Ryan. While doing this I run into my sister who was holding her tantruming 3 year old. Now why was she tantruming? The eggs in the 2-4 year old hunt were gone! A mere 15 minutes into the thing starting the eggs are gone. Now there are still about 100 people in line...So there are just people wandering around looking for eggs...Colin and Daddy managed to find a couple...and then the announcement came "Attention, attention, there are no more eggs, there are no more eggs" it was hysterical...still 100 people in line...there was no one manning the roped off areas so people just started grabbing eggs from every area they could...until the eggs were gone! It was a complete fiasco! Easter day was nice, Colin loved the egg hunt in the morning that the Easter bunny left him, he loved the empty eggs! And another hunt with his cousins at Grammy and Grampy's house Easter afternoon...We had a great day and we hope everyone else a wonderful holiday with their families!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute! Looks like you had a great Easter!! A,C,H,and h