Thursday, May 17, 2007

What a Week!

So I am pretty glad this week is just about done and I am hoping next week brings sunshine! It started off Monday evening when my Dad was rushed to the emergency room. He was getting up from his chair to walk to his bedroom when his legs began to give out and he grabbed the wall. My mom didn't get a response from him when she called his name so she shimmied him onto their bed and took his blood pressure - 80/20 and fixed pupils- needless to say 911 was called and he was brought to the ER. His speech was slightly slurred according to the paramedic and the ER doctor did tell my mom that his left eyelid and left lip were drooping slightly...however after spending the night they "determined" that they were too aggressive in raising his blood pressure medication last month because his Digoxin level was high, no brain bleed, no congestive heart failure...when I saw him Tuesday morning he was so swollen, it was weird...they sent him home after about 48 hours and he seems to be doing OK. Was really weak, but getting better...they have a follow up with his cardiologist and he had a stress test done last month which they don't have the results for yet, so hopefully all arteries are OK! My mom is convinced that an "event" occurred, a TIA, and I guess that what her gut is telling her, I guess her nursing gut that is! Then when I talked with my mom this morning come to find out that my 3 year old niece was in the ER at 1:00 this morning with a bad asthma attack...3 nebulizer treatments at home and 5 albuterol treatments in the hospital and she was sent home with Prednisone! Poor little thing! So hopefully all will be quiet here for a while!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How scary Lisa!! I hope your Dad is okay and they figure out his meds!! How scary for your mom! and hope your neice is feeling better...thinking of you all! Amy

James Michael said...

Hi Lisa-
I am so sorry all of that happened..it's sounds so scary. The wonder must be horrible. I am thinking of you all. I wish your father well and I pray it was medication. Poor Sammy....I wish her well as well. What a week. Thinking of you
Love
S, M and C