Friday, April 04, 2008

Star Sighting!

Fridays are the day I go for my weekly non-stress test and Level 2 ultrasound and appointment with the high risk OB. I went for the non stress test which is in Labor and Delivery and I was running a little late for the next scheduled appt. with the OB. I left Labor and Delivery and went donw the hall to meet Ryan for our next appt. The doctors office is located behind a small family waiting area that most families whose loved ones are in labor wait...So I rush in and go through the waiting area to check in with the receptionist. The waiting area was pretty full, but I didn't notice anything. Until Ryan mentioned that Paul Pierce (current Celtics player) was in the waiting area! Then I loudly blurt out "what Paul Pierce is out there"!...so I check in and we go back and wait in the waiting room just a foot or so away from Paul Pierce...he was just playing cards with what I think was a family member. I guess someone was joking around with him that "they don't even let stars in for the epidural", so I am assuming he was having a baby today! Kind of a funny thing...my star sighting!

I just looked on Boston.com and found this:
With his fiancée Julie Landrum expecting to be induced into labor, Pierce did not make the team flight to Charlotte this afternoon.
The Celtics left for Charlotte a little after 3 p.m., but Pierce and Landrum are waiting on the birth of their first child and team spokesman Jeff Twiss said, “He elected not to take the flight for obvious reasons.”

Oh, baby Snyder is great, GROWING (as of last Friday 5lbs. 5oz.), and things are status quo!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad all is well!! Is is it bad that I leave in New England and have no clue who Paul Pierce is??? Ha! Not much longer and Colin will be a big brother!! Very Exciting! Love A,C,H and h

James Michael said...

Great news about the baby. How cool you were one of the first to know that Paul Pierce was going to have a baby... she must have had it by now.