Sunday, December 02, 2007

Tis' the Season

The weekend was spent doing holiday "stuff"...decorating and getting the tree up. It was nice since we weren't worrying about the surgery (now scheduled for January 23). Colin's reaction to the tree was cute "wow, Chrismas twee"...even this morning at 5:45 when he woke up - "wow, Chrismas twee"...today I went to a performance of the Albany Berkshire Ballet Theater's Nutcracker that my two nieces were in...Maddy was a party girl and Casey was one of the little children that come out of Mother Ginger's huge skirt! It's funny, Ryan and I took Maddy to her first Nutcracker in Boston when she was three and now she is dancing in her own performance! We're hoping she'll be Clara next year! I think next year Colin might be able to handle it. They have been rehearsing since the beginning of October and you could tell, it was a fantastic show. When I got home we decorated the tree. Colin was in a bit of a mood, but he did manage to put up his new Sesame Street ornaments. I love putting up the ornaments, we have one that I made in kindergarten that Ryan always makes fun of and we have one of Ryan's when he was little too. They seem to all have meaning of one event or place we have visited. It's great! Now Colin's in bed, Daddy's watching football and I am off to have ice cream!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your tree looks so pretty...good picture! I would love to go to a show like that! Sounds fun! Well enjoy your ice cream...mint chip would taste good right now! Love Amy