Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ouch!


So last night Colin and I were spending some quality time alone while Daddy was doing a home visit. So while I was going to the bathroom Colin was cruising the house (he is walking everywhere these days) when all of sudden I heard and partially saw a "boom". It was just him landing on the floor or so I thought. He began to cry and came right over to me, I picked him up, he rested his head on my shoulder, and he started to point at the pictures of family on the wall. So I thought no big deal, he didn't cry his typical hurt cry. After a minute I put him on the ground and he began to walk away. Colin then turned around and began to walk towards me when all of a sudden I saw it - the biggest egg on a forehead I have ever seen. When he fell he must have fell right into the spot where the two walls meet because the egg had a straight purple line through it. It took all I had not to dial 911 and completely freak out thinking he has a massive head injury, but of course he was still babbling away and acting fine. I picked him up and thankfully he let me put a cold face cloth and then some ice before his bath and bedtime. Of course I called my mother and she reassured me he would be OK, just to keep an eye on him. I know this is the first of many bumps and bruises, but it must never get any easier to see your child hurt. No matter how small the bruise or bump it still broke my heart and I wanted to make it disappear. I had to take pictures so Daddy could see...today on the car ride to Patty's he called it his doo-doo (still can't get that "b" sound!)!

2 comments:

James Michael said...

Oh my goodness! that looks awful. I would have cried...I am so glad he is okay, I cannot believe how big it is.

Amy said...

We have a very similar pic of Hunter at the same age!! and it was caught on video! So sad!! Glad he is okay!