Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Winter Time Fun!

Colin and I started the New Year with some winter time fun - sledding with the new sled Santa brought! I don't know who was more excited - me or Colin. We went to the Common, where I grew up sledding. It was a beautiful day, we packed up, dressed warmly and were off. When we got there he seemed pretty excited, I was a bit nervous looking at the hill. It is amazing how fearless you can be as a kid...So off we went, the conditions were perfect, Colin in the front, Mommy in the back...but Mommy was a little nervous and let her heels trail in the snow which equaled snow sprayed right in Colin's face...when we got the bottom of the hill, he seemed OK, was laughing, but when I asked him if he wanted to do it again, he said "no Mommy, let's go take a little break"...Because we were in NR, my mom stopped by to visit...Colin found a little hill and I pulled him down...now I was determined to get him down again..."no Mommy, I want the little hill"...that is until big cousin Maddy walked over with her sled...she had the magic and we moved to the other side of the big hill and went down several more times...it was sooooo fun! Uncle Michael and their dog Manning even walked over and the dog loved running with me down the hill...Colin lasted about an hour and then we had some hot chocolate at Auntie Kimmie's and Uncle Michael's and played the Wii...Can't wait to do it again!
At the top of the Common, taking a 'little break"!

I was shocked he even walked once back up the hill, let alone lasting a whole hour!


Maddy and Manning


Manning loved chasing me down the hill, he was flying!


I love this picture, Maddy took it at the bottom of the hill, the look on our faces is priceless!

1 comment:

JPC said...

Next up...sailing over the fence at St.A's on a cafeteria tray.