Friday, January 23, 2009

My Boys

...are getting so big...This month has been a busy and eventful one. So many exciting things have happened with the boys. Colin decided last week that he was ready to use the potty. I think it was earning the Marvel Comic Superhero card packs that included a figuring that helped, but anyhow he did it! He has even used the "big" potty at a restaurant and today in Border's...I wasn't there today, but Ryan described it as "Daddy, Daddy I need to pee on the potty" really loud. Ryan was checking out the CD's about 50 feet from Colin...so cute! He has even pooped twice! I am so proud of him! In addition to potty training, we couldn't find his "mama" one night last week. Really we couldn't find it...he slept fine that night, so he has been without his pacifier too...I can't believe it, I thought this would be so hard to do, let alone both things at once! He is so big, something has changed, his imagination is expanding, and he just seems like a little boy, not so much even a toddler anymore...It's so hard to believe that Brendan is now 8 months...holy cow, can't even believe he's 4 months away from 1!!! He is doing so well too, we started Early Intervention, he is finally rolling and enjoying playing on his belly. He is now able to sit up and play with a toy if it's big and spreads his legs...and last night was the first night we felt comfortable having him sit up in the baby tub...He is sleeping in his crib finally and doing better at night...now only if he would stop teething...He has 8 teeth now and I swear it looks like he is cutting molars...so my boys are roommates now, Colin has done so well with the change too...I have to download recent pictures, but wanted to get my thoughts down because time just feels like it is zipping by...love to all!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is amazing how overnight they just seem to go from toddler to little boy!! As Hunter is approaching 5 he is just so "grown" up acting...I wish I could keep in little forever!! Brendan is so sweet! What cute boys you have!!