Tuesday, October 24, 2006

One Day Left Until the Big 1!

So at this time last year I think I was throwing up the hospital lunch I ate...not to be gross or anything, but it feels like it was yesterday. I was in the middle of being induced, having contractions,and just focusing on the 12 on the clock and the tip of the sail on the painting of the sailboat in our hospital room -those were the two things I focused on while in the middle of contractions. What a long day that was - just about 17 hours! We made it through, thank god, and had a beautiful and healthy son, but my gosh it feels like yesterday! So tonight the plan is to make some cupcakes for school tomorrow. Patty our wonderful daycare provider throws him a party with all his friends and mommy put together goody bags for the older kids. He won't know what is going on, but I am sure he'll have fun! I am going to try and upload pics tonight...thanks for the help Michael R.!

2 comments:

James Michael said...

Happy 1st Birthday Colin (tomorrow) I know you will have a great day! Can't wait for your party. Lisa thinking of you...boy what a night you had one year ago. You're a trooper
love you guys

Amy said...

Happy first Birthday Colin! Time flies but the day of labor certainly is hard to forget! The good news is the 2nd one usually goes much quicker! Haden was an hour and half total from start to finish! Thank God!! Have a great party! Hunter took his first Independent steps during his party! Great times, Great memories!